The Okanagan Water Demand Model was originally built to estimate current and future agriculture water demands for the Okanagan Basin, but was expanded to include golf courses and residential water demands.
The model calculates water use on a property by property basis and sums each property to obtain a total for the entire basin or sub basins.
The Demand Model is able to calculate (for historic and future conditions) all indoor and outdoor water uses for different time periods and water use areas.
The model links each water use area with one or more sources of surface or groundwater.
The original Agriculture Water Demand model was a finalist for the Premier’s Innovation Award (click to see YouTube video).
- Summary Report – Part Three – Models (468Kb PDF)
- Appendix I1: Okanagan Water Demand Model Summary Report (1.5Mb PDF)
- Appendix I2: Irrigation Water Demand Model – Technical Description (1.1Mb PDF)
- Appendix I3: Residential, Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Water Use Report (166Kb PDF)
- Agriculture Water Demand Model report (8.7Mb PDF)